Come enjoy a taste of the heartland at Winterset Cidery! We make craft hard apple cider right here in Iowa. Our ciders rely only on the apples themselves; we do not add any sugar or water like many mass produced hard ciders. Until our own orchard matures, we are buying fresh pressed apple juice from area orchards here in the Midwest. After fermentation our ciders are aged several months before we serve them to bring out the best flavors possible, never rushed or mass produced. When we do add other flavors, like raspberry, hops, cherry, and others, we use real ingredients, and we blend them on a very small batch basis to better control the flavor of the cider. We never use artificial flavors or ingredients.
Our hard cider is wholly dependent on the apples, so it is subject to seasonally shifting orchard blends. The cider we make in 2017, will not taste exactly like that made in 2016, or that to be made in 2018. However, there will be similarities in some flavors, particularly those with added fruit flavors or other ingredients.
For 2017 the alcohol content is approximately 6.8% by volume. Our 2017 flavors are:
- Winterset....Our signature cider and most popular seller, is a medium hard apple cider made with Haralson, Honey Crisp, Sweet Tango, and McIntosh apples
- Semi-Dry....Of course, dryer than the Winterset, same apple blend
- Raspberry....Bold and crisp bursting with real raspberry flavor
- Cherry....Tart, Montmorency cherries make it taste more like cherry pie, not a sweet cherry
- Hopped....We use Galaxy hops from Australia which are not bitter, but lend a citrus tone to our hard cider
- Perry....Our sweetest, is a combination of hard apple cider and pear juice for a fruity refreshing taste
We may also serve some other seasonal or small batch flavors like a ginger or a warm mulled spice hard cider this fall. Check us out on Facebook to see.